So, I turned 25!
This feels like a really weird age. Is it strange that I genuinely feel more excited about turning 30 (#thirtyflirtyandthriving) than I do about 25?! I’m officially no longer a ‘young adult’ but I also don’t feel like a real adult!
Anyway, one thing I HAVE felt excited about in terms of turning 25, is being able to record a Podcast episode all about some important life and business lessons I’ve learnt over the years (most of them are business-related).
This is one of my favourite episodes.
I get pretty real.
I share some CRAZY (and important) mindset shifts and lessons in life/faith/business I’ve had to learn (and am continuing to learn) and I’m sharing them with YOU so that you can learn from my experience, and feel inspired and encouraged. At least, that’s my hope!
Here are the 25 things simplified (but I encourage you to listen to the episode because I go WAY more in depth and share real stories) 🙂
- Business takes time to grow
- Investing is essential (you need to spend money to make money)
- You should prioritise your days off (rest is important)
- Life should be enjoyed as well as business
- It’s okay if potential customers say no
- It’s okay for YOU to say no
- Business friends are so important – support them like you would want to be supported
- You can set big goals
- You need to pay attention to the numbers even if it feels scary
- It’s ok to not have a clear vision of the future (God doesn’t always tell you the answers)
- It’s ok to ask for help
- Making money doesn’t need to feel shameful
- There is beauty in every age
- You can do anything but not everything
- It’s ok to change your mind
- People will have their opinions but you should do it anyway
- There is enough room for everyone – remove the fear of competition
- People have more money than you realise
- Vulnerability isn’t weak
- It’s ok to not share everything on socials (authenticity is important BUT…)
- You don’t have to work 60 hours weeks to be successful – you just have to prioritise the right tasks
- You don’t have to have everything perfect at the start (or in general)
- You need to DESIRE to grow
- Social media is not an accurate reflection of someone’s life or business
- God is working even when we don’t see it or feel it