In 2017 I spent around $10k and 6 full-time months getting formally qualified as a nationally-accredited florist - yet 99% of what I do in my own wedding business has been self-taught.
I always knew from the get-go that I wanted to have my own wedding business (in fact, I launched my business the week after I graduated from my course!). I wanted to do things 'the right way' - and at the time, there were no real floral training alternatives.
Now don't get me wrong, there is a time and place for formal education - and if you want to learn the traditional foundations of floristry, or want to go down more of the retail floristry path or work for a retailer, the formal qualification is probably best to do.
But if you are like me, and have the dream of working in the wedding industry creating modern floral designs, perhaps your time and money would be best placed into a different floral education experience - one that will teach you a more modern approach (AND you'll get some amazing content from too!)
Do you have the dream of making money for flowers, and have the courage to pursue creativity?
My 1:1 workshops are an intimate educational experience, designed to help you learn about my approach to creating wildly romantic floral designs for weddings.
This workshop is a perfect for any creative looking to fulfil their creative heart while enhancing their floral design skill set. We will dive deep into choosing floral ingredients, creating unique colour palettes and using movement and dimension to create elegantly ethereal designs.
The workshop can be customised to your specific floral vision. Choose your very own subject material from bouquet designs, arbours, buttonholes, and centrepieces.
"the best thing I could have possibly done in preparing to launch my own floral business"
You are an aspiring or beginner floral designer (there is no prior experience necessary, however I can also help you elevate your style if you do have basic floral knowledge!)
You want to start or grow a wedding floral business, or expand your skillset to work for someone else
You are a lover of flowers and weddings
You are ready to choose courage over comfort and prioritise your creative skill!
You are looking to grow your floral portfolio
You want to learn a modern approach to floral design in a relaxed and non-threatening environment
We'll go over the personal flowers including buttonholes and corsages and design 3-4 bridal bouquets.
The all-in-one workshop where you'll learn a bouquet, centrepiece and a beautiful arbour!
Have something specific in mind, or a particular installation you'd like to learn? Reach out and let's chat!
• 30 minute planning session (via Zoom) to plan out your unique floral vision as we together identify the ingredients and colours
• a full day of private 1:1 floral training (approx. 6-7 hours of teaching) to learn whatever floral designs you desire! When enquiring, let me know what you'd like to learn and I can tell you what we can achieve within the timeframe.
• selection of beautiful flowers carefully selected based on your vision concept, pre-conditioned and beautifully displayed in vases & buckets (plus you get to keep the flowers for your own practice after the workshop!)
• all tools and materials required on the day
• hire of a beautiful light studio for the day
• one hour of professional photography at the end of the workshop to capture your work and get some headshots!
• 45 minute business lunch session. While we have a bite to eat you can pick my brains about anything! You'll then have 15 minutes to yourself before teaching recommences.
• additional photography coverage ($400/hour)
• styled reception table setting (I'll organise everything from chairs, linens, plates, glassware, cutlery and candles so you can get photos of a reception mockup) from $250
• arbour hire (if applicable) from $100
• additional business coaching at a special rate to be used within a month after the workshop. $200 for a 60 minute call OR a week of Voxer coaching (usually $300)
• additional floral teaching (if you desire to learn more designs than what can be allocated within the timeframe with the same florals!) $350 per extra hour / $1950 for an extra full day (6 hours)
Sarah took the time to get to know me and my business goals, and tailored the entire workshop experience to me. The workshop exceeded my already high expectations in every single way. With Sarah’s expert guidance, I was amazed at what I was able to create... Now I have beautiful professional imagery to use in marketing my new business. Sarah clearly has a calling not only for flowers, but also for teaching. She is kind, encouraging, and I know that I have gained a mentor and supporter going forward far beyond the workshop.
What clients are saying: