Don’t ya love hearing other people’s stories of how they started their business? It’s fascinating to hear how different people go from ‘zero to hero’ and what lead them to where they are.
Well, in this Podcast episode, I take a walk down memory lane and share my personal journey into entrepreneurship. I open up about how I rejected the teaching career that I – and everyone around me – believed I had to follow, and instead decided to turn my little flower hobby into my career and create a successful wedding floral design business.
Look at these photos of ‘baby’ me! This was me when flowers were a hobby, just before I had the hopeful dream of making a full-time living with flowers.
The ups and downs, a slow first year and some of the mistakes and lessons I learned along the way… I share it all! (well, as much as I could fit in a 40 minute Podcast episode!).
Toward the end of the episode, I also share 5 quick tips to help you take imperfect action in your business, based on my own experience. Because ya girl DEFINITELY had some fears to overcome too!
In today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast, I share:
- Some interesting and powerful memories/stories from my childhood which echo my love for selling + weddings! [2:20]
- My background with music and how I grew up always believing I was going to be a music teacher, going to university [6:45]
- How I fell in love with flowers and started considering this whole business idea [8:51]
- Some of my fears and how I overcame them [14:58]
- How I prepared for my business before launching [18:41]
- Juggling a job with the business and some words of encouragement if this is you [21:48]
- How I started my business – what I did well and what I did not so well in the first two years [27:03]
- What I’m doing now [31:38]
- 5 quick tips to help you take imperfect action TODAY [34:02]
- Squarespace websites – click here and use code PARTNER10 to save 10% off your first subscription
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast. I’d love to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
Ps. if you are an aspiring floral business owner, I have the PERFECT free resource for you. I’ve created a detailed checklist of some of the most important things to do if you are wanting to start your own wedding floral design business. Click here to snag it or click the image below!