If I were to ask you what your marketing plan is, I bet I’d hear *crickets*… Or maybe, at best, ‘most of my clients come through Instagram’ – am I right?
But friend, what if Instagram crashed today and never returned? What would happen to your business? This is why fast and slow marketing strategies are so important if you want your business to last the long game.
I had the honor of talking to marketing expert, Kara Duncan, from The Kara Report. Kara runs her own wedding business – Love at First Travel – which is an award winning destination wedding planning company. After COVID halted her destination wedding planning business, she quickly pivoted to offering done-for-you services for fellow wedding pros; specifically blogging and Pinterest.
I know that the term marketing can be overwhelming and it can be hard to know where to focus your efforts and how to actually create a strategic marketing plan. Kara REALLY knows her stuff when it comes to marketing and she breaks it down into two funnels – fast marketing and slow marketing.
In this episode, we talk about social media, blogging, Pinterest and so much more. We also touch on Clubhouse and get Kara’s inside scoop on what she thinks about the current clubhouse craze. She shares some amazing tips on creating a marketing strategy for your business including insight on how many marketing avenues you should be focusing on, how to know when it’s time to outsource and what forms of marketing are predicted to be key for 2021.
In today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast with Kara Duncan, we discuss:
- Some misconceptions around marketing
- What is fast and slow marketing
- How long does Pinterest and blogging usually take to start producing results?
- How to get serious about creating a marketing strategy
- How many marketing platforms should we be focussing on
- How does someone know when they’re ready to outsource their marketing vs. DIY?
- What forms of marketing will be key for 2021
- Clubhouse – all about the current craze
- …and so much more!
- Follow Kara on Instagram @thekarareport
- Kara’s website
- Simply Organized Solutions
- Book recommendation – Profit First
- Podcast recommendation – Power in Purpose
- Tool recommendations: Asana, Google Search Console, Pinterest Analytics
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast. I’d love to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!