Are you a perfectionist? JOIN THE CLUB. (well, don’t – because it’s not the best club to be in)
I’ve battled perfectionism in my business for a long time. Perfectionism is often perceived as a positive characteristic, but I’ve learned that perfectionism usually just hinders us from moving forward and taking action.
It’s the voice that says “this isn’t good enough” or “I’m not ready”. It’s that thing that makes you spend wayyy too long focussing on a relatively simple task. It’s that thing that makes you procrastinate something because you’re afraid that it won’t be perfect.
I believe in the power of overcoming perfectionism. Once we can recognise that perfectionism is different to striving to be our best, we can make intentional decisions to say ‘no’ to the grip that perfectionism can have over our lives and our businesses.
In today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast, we discuss:
- What is perfectionism and how it can show itself in our businesses
- My journey with perfectionism
- Differences between perfectionism and striving for excellence
- What tasks you can be more intentional (but not perfectionistic!) about
- How overcoming perfectionism is more than glorified laziness
- 4 tips to help you overcome perfectionism
- Join the free Facebook community for creative women in business
- And if you’re a floral business owner, you can join two groups! Click here to join the free Facebook community specifically for floral business owners
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast. I’d love to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!
Comments Off on 02. How to Overcome Perfectionism in Business