Hiring can feel really daunting… Like REALLY daunting. But the truth is, if you want to build a scalable and sustainable business that doesn’t require 80 hours of work each week, there’s a really good chance you’re going to, at some point, learn to release the control and hire some help.
This doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve got to hand over a permanent full-time contract to someone. This could mean hiring contractors to help with a particular project or during busy seasons. It could mean paying a virtual assistant to help manage the inbox or assist with social media.
I had the honor of talking to team building expert, Paula Maidens. Paula helps fast-growing entrepreneurs build high-performing teams so they can scale with ease, get their time back and create the life they damn well deserve! She’s been a business consultant for over 10 years and for the past 5 years, she’s been focusing on remote or online businesses.
We have SUCH a good conversation all around hiring and delegating. How to hire, who to hire, when to hire… And once you’ve made the hire, how to lead your team well and delegate effectively! (because we’ve probably all worked for someone who wasn’t the best leader and did NOT delegate effectively…)
In today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast with Paula Maidens, we discuss:
- similar problems that both large and small companies run into
- how systemising can set us free
- how does someone know when they are ready to start outsourcing or hiring
- mindset shifts that people need to experience when going from solopreneur to leading a team
- whether you should hire friends or family?
- how business owners can find their ‘unicorn’ when hiring (aka the right person)
- tips to delegate effectively
- Follow Paula on Instagram @paulamaidensconsulting
- Paula’s website
- Paula’s Facebook group
- Book recommendation – Life in Lessons by Lisa Messenger
- Tool recommendations: Canva
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast. I’d love to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!