Understanding the difference between shiny object syndrome and pivoting, the importance of investing in knowledge to scale your business and more! In this episode, personal blogger-turned-brand consultant, Khala Simmons, shares her journey as she tries to build and grow her brand consulting business, and shares how to recognise the shiny object syndrome and to start working through it.
Khala is a ‘saucy trendsetter’ who helps other women entrepreneurs cultivate their passion and skills to build purpose-driven, profitable brands.
Khala began her entrepreneurial journey as the founder of The Melanin Perspective, a community that enhances self-development for women of color. After fumbling through every trendy business idea and “get rich quick” scheme she could think of to monetize her self-development blog, Khala finally fell into alignment as a Brand Consultant. As the CEO of Khala Simmons LLC, she helps overwhelmed service-based Creatives use their free content platforms to drive conversions for their paid offers.
Having previous experience as a Newspaper Editor and leader of various organizations, Khala also holds a B.S. in Business Marketing with a minor in Mass Media. She uses this expertise to set the global stage for Businesswomen to make massive, progressive impact, while effortlessly sustaining their top tier lifestyles.
In today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast with Khala Simmons, we discuss:
- how to distinguish shiny object syndrome from pivoting
- questions you need to ask yourself when you feel the need to make a change (for your business)
- investing in the right knowledge to scale your business
- Khala’s actionable steps on how she was able to book her first client in just 30 days
- reason why some people are afraid to niche down
- tips on managing social media presence
- Follow Khala on Instagram @khalasimmons
- Khala’s website
- How to work with Khala
- Khala’s Facebook page
- Podcast recommendations – Online Marketing Made Easy, Side Hustle Pro, Go Getter Podcast by Epic Fab Girl, Smart Passive Income
- Book recommendations – The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, The Slight Edge
- Tool recommendations: Styled Stock Society
- Online course recommendation – Bossgram Academy
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast. I’d love to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!