When it comes to streamlining your business so you can do less and live more, there are certainly strategic and tactical things you can do like bringing in support, setting up great systems, creating a great schedule and employing some time management tools. But those things will only take you so far because the *real secret* to creating time and space for what matters most actually happens by learning how to do less – and that requires you to change how you operate in your business.
Small business mentor and coach Ashley Gartland helps service-based business owners and online entrepreneurs simplify and streamline their business so they can scale sustainably and build a business that makes the life they desire possible. She is the host of the Better Than Big podcast, where she shares stories, strategies and solutions to help small business owners run their business with more ease and intention. Ashley runs her six-figure business in 25 to 30 hours a week, leaving her plenty of time to enjoy the good stuff in life like trail runs, good books and adventures with her family.
In this episode, small business mentor and coach, Ashley Gartland, shares how business owners and online entrepreneurs can simplify and streamline their business so they can scale sustainably and build a business that makes the life they desire possible.
In today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast with Ashley Gartland, we discuss:
- How Ashley started as a business owner straight out of university
- The common misconceptions or traps that business owners face when building a business
- The middle ground between staying with a business that doesn’t feel good and closing it entirely
- Why focusing on having 1-2 services to offer is better than having too many services
- What it looks like to work from a place of rest instead of hustle
- Why productivity hacks and time management tools don’t always help create more time and space
- The questions you need to ask yourself to change the way you think about work and how you operate in your business, so you can do less and free up the things that are really important to you
- How seeing the opportunity costs and possibilities of letting something go helps in redesigning services that work better for business owners
- How business owners who are just starting out can be more intentional in building their business
- Follow Ashley on Instagram @ashleygartland
- Ashley’s website
- Listen to Ashley’s podcast – Better Than Big With Ashley Gartland
- Podcast recommendation – What Works
- Book recommendation – Essentialism
- Tools recommendation – SquadCast, Google Sheets
- Online course recommendation – Do Less, Live More
Thanks for tuning into today’s episode of The Imperfect Pursuit Podcast. I’d love to know — what was your biggest takeaway? Head to my Instagram to join the conversation!